Key responsibilities of the role:
- Work with both new or sustainable exporters across a range of sectors helping them develop and exploit their international online potential, improving in-house digital skills and awareness
- Work with sustainable exporters across all sectors, supporting development into new overseas markets, either through an owned website solution or other routes to market including international e-marketplaces, social media channels and related digital opportunities
- Provide specialist digital advice to existing clients, helping them to raise their international profile, and where appropriate, drive an increase in their international online sales by providing advice that offers significant assistance to the company with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Where appropriate, direct, lead or support local or national e-commerce, digital awareness seminars and/or workshops
- Present at and support events
- Build relationships with key local partners
- Produce customer meeting follow-up notes within the required timescale and update records of all client interactions on the internal CRM system
- Support the work of Export Communication Review consultants and make referrals where appropriate
- Work with DIT HQ team and wider DTA colleagues to maintain up-to-date knowledge of digital developments, including online marketplaces, social media sales channels and promote the e-exporting programme
- Work closely with and develop relationships with private sector experts, consultants, private-industry thought leaders and industry experts in cross-border digital and ecommerce to help provide end-to-end services to DIT clients.
The job holder will likely be educated to degree level and may have a formal project management qualification. Clean driving licence required.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in an e-commerce or digital capacity providing digital, social media and e-commerce advice
- Up-to-date expertise in the available commercial channels, technology options and digital export solutions
- Proven track record of working in successful project teams
- Experience of business development and advisory/consulting work
- Good knowledge of international e-commerce trade
- Strong knowledge and experience of the following: digital marketing, search engine optimisation, social media, e commerce payment systems, and social listening, e-commerce best practice, mobile marketing, localisation, website analytics and data analysis.
You will be a self-starter excited about working against challenging timeframes, with good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels. You will be comfortable discussing the client's business objectives, as well as the available commercial channels, technology options and digital export solutions, and be able to demonstrate the ability to blend consultative, advice-orientated and revenue-generative approach to working with the clients. You will demonstrate commitment to organisational ethos, values and behaviours.
To apply forward your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications without a CV attached will not be considered.