We are looking for an experienced Contracts Manager to maintain a robust and compliant project management and claims systems across all ERDF projects delivered by the Exemplas Group and provide on-going support to project managers including sub – contracting, procurement, preparation for verification and audit visits, management of claims and reporting to DCLG.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the maintenance and development of the ERDF project management system ensuring compliance with rules and regulations;
- Provide expert advice and guidance to ERDF project managers and administrators ensuring the business is kept up to date with new rules and regulations and impact on the delivery of contracts;
- Work with ERDF claims executive to ensure accurate submission of claims to DCLG;
- Ensure up to date records of all projects are maintained and audited, managing where required brought in specialisms to carry out contract audits ensuring related financial information held is accurate and claims are monitored and compliant to meet funder’s rules;
- Work with project managers to organise and manage the procurement requirements for each project, ensuring compliance with EU procurement regulations;
- Work with marketing and project managers to ensure compliant branding across all project materials and resources including promotional materials, project forms, presentational resources and media/PR;
- Support and manage relationships with the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG) including discussions on project change requests (PCRs), and keeping up to date with rule and regulation changes;
- Manage relationships with partners in conjunction with project manager to ensure that they are fully compliant with contract requirements.
- Good people management experience;
- Demonstrable experience of managing large scale European funded projects (ideally ERDF) , including financial, audit trail/evidence, branding eligibility aspects of EU funding claims;
- Experience of EU audit procedures especially those associated with Articles 125 & 127 (new revisions);
- High standard of written and spoken English;
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges and constraints within which different business units operate;
- Experience in writing business operation manuals and mapping systems and processes;
- Management systems and contract audit experience (internal and external);
- Strong IT skills (MS Office and CRM or database system).
- Confident in dealing with directors and department managers;
- Ability to establish rapport, lead, influence, listen and motivate others in a positive and constructive way to achieve the goals of the business;
- Friendly, open and engaging with the ability to give honest, clear, worthwhile feedback;
- Assertive, persistent, persuasive and pragmatic - to achieve desired outcomes;
- Good administrative management and planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written formats;
- Flexible, reliable, self-motivated, methodical;
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to identify potential issues and offer effective solutions.
Salary & benefits:
We offer an annual salary of up to £42,000 for the right candidate, car allowance, generous 10.5% non-contributory pension scheme, life assurance and ill-health income protection insurance, 26 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, free onsite parking, a flexible and supportive working culture, personal development opportunities, and a range of flexible benefits including flexi-pension, holiday-buy scheme, Uno buses discount, discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers and a cycle-to-work scheme, to name just a few.
If this vacancy interests you we’d be delighted to hear from you. Please send your CV to email@example.com