To support this service Exemplas is looking to recruit a team of Innovation Advisers headed up by a player/manager, Lead Innovation Adviser. The team will deliver the I2S service across Hertfordshire and Greater Cambridgeshire/Greater Peterborough (GCGP) LEP areas.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To make a significant contribution to the development of competitiveness of Hertfordshire and Greater Cambridgeshire businesses by providing tailored support to enhance their innovation management capability, resulting in increased effectiveness in generating and commercially exploiting their ideas.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate leads through networking and identify innovative businesses with the best growth potential for commercialisation of their ideas.
- Use holistic analysis tools to review and diagnose client needs and provide tailored support to address needs including acting as a strategic coach to mentor clients to develop their innovation management capability.
- Account manage a portfolio of I2S clients and deliver the I2S programme modules to these and other I2S clients as required.
- Support clients to embed principles of sustainable development.
- Keep up to date on the sources of business support.
- Educated to degree level
- Driving Licence and Car owner/access
- Professional qualifications relevant to professional specialism
- Significant business experience at a senior level within a high growth business environment – preferably with relevant qualifications and/or professional memberships.
- Strategic and management consultancy experience in the commercialising of ideas, including IP, access to finance, establishing sales channels.
- Experience of assessing risk through analysis of business plans, financial accounts, and other supporting information
- Experience of and ability to interpret outputs of business diagnostic and benchmarking tools to develop/implement action plans.
- Broad understanding of IPR, IP valuation, partnering agreement types (licensing, confidentiality agreements, etc.) and sources of finance.
- Implementing and embedding principles of sustainable development.
- Awareness and understanding of other sources of business support to which referrals can be made to address needs not directly supported through I2S.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to gain and hold the respect of business owners and senior staff in the business we support.
- Good written and oral communication skills, able to clarify complex points and summarise situations and facts succinctly.
- Presentational skills for hosting, chairing and speaking at events
- Influencing skills and personal drive to achieve the best outcome for clients.
- Planning and organisational skills, numerate, literate.
- IT literate and experience of Microsoft office and experience in the use of databases and CRM systems.
- Ability to work on own and use own initiative/self-motivated as well as working as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and “Completer finisher”.
This post is jointly funded by European Regional Development Funding.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your CV to email@example.com