Key responsibilities of the role:
- Provide clients with a professional, honest and high quality consultative export advice and guidance service appropriate to their needs
- Undertake with clients a preliminary analysis of information and development needs
- Take responsibility for individual targets, and contribute to key team performance targets and objectives
- Support the delivery of an extended hours DIT service, ensuring clients can access support at appropriate times
- Develop ongoing client relationships and work proactively with clients according to suit their needs, this will include a review of action plans and follow-up activities
- Identify and refer to other internal services that would benefit the client, including specialist services and workshops, and refer as appropriate
- Where appropriate, work with clients to develop strategic export plans, utilising the ERDF Exporting for Growth project
- Ensure that all client information is captured and recorded on DIT’s CDMS in line with existing procedures
- Support clients and record activity in a timely manner, in accordance with client service objectives as agreed with client with relevant internal quality standards
- Ensure personal follow-up actions are taken within agreed timescales
- Keep abreast of enterprise / export / business issues, trends, legislation, regulation and opportunities and share best practise with colleagues and other teams as appropriate
- Evaluate and improve professional practices, skills and knowledge regularly to make sure that an effective, high impact support is consistently delivered to clients
- Undertake professional development and accreditations as appropriate to the role and as required.
As a minimum the job holder will likely be educated to NVQ level 3 or equivalent although commensurate business and service delivery experience and demonstrable export business knowledge are seen as more important/essential.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Proven experience working in a busy work environment involving customer service and/or public telephone contact services or similar
- Experience of developing an export function within an SME / MSB
- Comprehensive and practical understanding of the needs and dynamics of exports in SMEs / MSBs
- Demonstrable experience of telephone based business support
- Awareness of aspects of business support available from local, regional and national business support providers
- Experience of using IT systems (including Word, Excel, Outlook) and CRM data entry and client recording.
You will be a team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to engage with people at all levels both inside and outside the organisation. You will be able to communicate effectively and provide appropriate solutions for clients and encourage progression of action plans. You will maintain a can-do attitude and demonstrate the ability to prioritise short and long term activities and multiple client and internal demands. You will demonstrate commitment to organisational ethos, values and behaviours.
To apply forward your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com. Please note that applications without a CV attached will not be considered.