- Do you want to play your part in improving the wealth and prosperity of current and future generations?
- Do you want to play a key role in shaping the delivery of international trade support across the region?
- Can you help inspire a generation of businesses across the region to break beyond their existing borders and grow through international trade?
If you’ve answered “yes” to these questions the role of International Trade Adviser (Office based) could be for you!
What is the role?
We are looking for two International Trade Advisers (based in our Barnsley office) to contribute to the work of the Department for International Trade (DIT), the international economic department, responsible for helping business to succeed by promoting British trade and investment across the world by building the global appetite for British goods and services.
We provide advisory and / or specialist consultancy services to SMEs looking at developing or expanding their export activity.
- The aim of this role is to develop new relationships and drive delivery of export support services while maximising the impact of events and activity across the region.
- You will provide clients with a professional, honest and high quality consultative export advice appropriate to their needs
- You will have responsibility for delivering your individual targets, and contributing to key team performance targets and objectives,
- You will work with clients to develop strategic export plans, and, in particular, utilise the ERDF Exporting for Growth project;
Who are you?
- A great team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with people at all levels.
- You have experience of developing an export function within a SME/MSB and so have a comprehensive and practical understanding of their needs.
- You have worked in a busy environment involving customer service and/or public telephone contact services.
- You will have demonstrable experience of telephone based business support and so are able to communicate effectively by telephone but also online face to face and in writing.
- You have a good awareness of aspects of business support available from local, regional and national business support providers
- You are a proficient IT user with experience of using Word, Excel, Outlook and CRM data entry and client recording.
- Most importantly you are empathetic and able to develop rapport with clients and colleagues.
What do we offer?
We offer competitive salary between £30,588 and £33,987 per annum and a host of fantastic benefits including:
- A generous 10.5% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and ill-health income protection insurance
- 26 days holiday (rising to 28 after 2 years service) plus Bank Holidays
- A flexible and supportive working culture,
- A range of flexible benefits including flexi-pension, holiday-buy scheme, eyecare vouchers and a cycle-to-work scheme.
The fine print.
- Please note this role is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, and it is subject to mandatory Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment screening comprising verification of identity, nationality and immigration status, confirmation of 3 years minimum employment history and/or other activity, and third-party verification of unspent convictions.
- Please note you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
To apply forward your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.