Key responsibilities of the role:
- Undertake research and produce reports in relation to companies, sectors, geographies and individuals and where necessary develop specialist knowledge which supports the achievement of organisational objectives
- Pro-actively identify new to DIT businesses where export may form part of an integrated growth strategy and successfully engage with these businesses
- Undertake with clients a preliminary analysis of information and development needs
- Provide clients with information, advice and guidance appropriate to their needs
- Identify other DIT services, or those delivered by private sector partners, that would benefit the client
- Support the delivery of an extended hours DIT service, ensuring clients can access support at appropriate times
- Ensure that all customer information and interactions are captured and recorded on DIT’s CRM and Contact Centre systems in line with organisational procedures
- Serve clients and record activity in a timely manner
- Ensure personal follow-up actions are taken within agreed timescales
- Keep abreast of export / business issues, trends, legislation, regulation and opportunities
- Contribute to key team performance targets and objectives
- Evaluate and improve your professional practices, skills and knowledge regularly to make sure that you can deliver effective, high impact support to clients
- Undertake professional development and accreditations as required.
- Undertake customer satisfaction surveys with all clients that have engaged with the DIT service
The job holder will likely be educated to NVQ level 3 or equivalent although commensurate service delivery experience and demonstrable business knowledge are seen as more important.
You will need to demonstrate:
- Prior experience working in a busy work environment involving on or more of the following: Sales, exports, call centre, customer service and/or public telephone contact or similar
- Broad understanding of business operations and experience in providing export support to SMEs
- Demonstrable experience of telephone based business support
- Awareness of aspects of export support available to businesses from local, regional and national providers
- Comprehensive and practical understanding of the needs and dynamics of new and established SMEs at an early stage of their export activity
- Experience of using IT and CRM, data entry and ideally recording of client details.
You will be a team player with good interpersonal skills and ability to engage with people at all levels both inside and outside the organisation. You will be able to communicate effectively and provide appropriate solutions for clients and encourage progression of action plans. You will maintain a can-do attitude and demonstrate the ability to prioritise short and long term activities and multiple client and internal demands. You will demonstrate commitment to organisational ethos, values and behaviours.
To apply forward your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications without a CV attached will not be considered.