- Do you want to play your part in improving the wealth and prosperity of current and future generations?
- Do you want to play a key role in shaping the delivery of trade missions to support international trade growth across the region including travelling overseas?
If you’ve answered “yes” to these questions the role of Trade Mission Manager based in our Barnsley office could be for you!
What is the role?
We are looking for a Trade Mission Manager to develop an agreed annual programme of trade missions from across the north.
- Working with our International Trade Advisers and the Operations Manager you will complete agreed documentation within agreed timescales. This may include business cases, budgets and mission follow up reports.
- You will act as a figure head for DIT - leading the trade mission delegation (overseas as well as domestic), ensuring planning is implemented to the highest standards.
- You will work with internal and external partners to develop a workflow for the delivery of trade missions. This could include:
- Sign-up, booking and on-boarding
- Delegate make-up
- Marketing and promotion (including in mission PR)
- In-market support (delivered by DIT’s overseas network or alternative as appropriate)
- Liaison with exhibition managements / trade associations
- Travel arrangements (domestic and in-market)
- Customer follow-up
- You will liaise with exhibition management personnel to ensure our activities have profile and prominence at the targeted exhibition
- You will be a role model to the team in the identification and implementation of best practice, application of policies and procedures and commitment to continuous service improvement;
Who are you?
- You have business and service delivery experience and demonstrable export business knowledge.
- You have a good understanding of the opportunities and operating environment for a broad range of sectors across different international markets;
- You can demonstrate a good understanding of DIT services and how they work and can deliver benefit to customers;
- You understand the needs and dynamics of small businesses and are passionate about and understand the importance and role of international trade as a contributor to economic buoyancy and growth.
- You are able to influence and build rapport with people at all levels both inside and outside the organisation and to motivate across a range of multi-disciplinary teams.
What do we offer?
We offer competitive salary between £30,588 and £33,987 per annum and a host of fantastic benefits including:
- A generous 10.5% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and ill-health income protection insurance
- 26 days holiday (rising to 28 after 2 years’ service) plus Bank Holidays
- A flexible and supportive working culture,
- A range of flexible benefits including flexi-pension, holiday-buy scheme, eyecare vouchers and a cycle-to-work scheme.
The fine print
- Overseas travel is a necessary part of the role.
- Please note this role is fully funded by the DIT and it is subject to mandatory Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) pre-employment screening comprising verification of identity, nationality and immigration status, confirmation of 3 years minimum employment/other activity history, and third-party verification of unspent convictions.
- Please note you must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
To apply forward your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.