Do you want to work with the most ambitious, high-growth innovative SMEs businesses?
Do you want to work with these businesses to develop their long-term growth, innovation and commercialisation plans?
Do you have credible experience at a senior level within an innovative growing business and/or setting up your own high growth innovative business?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions the role of Innovation & Growth Specialist could be for you!
About the role
In this role you will deliver the Innovate UK Business Growth (previously Innovate UK EDGE) service to provide innovation and business support to a portfolio of SME clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a strategic coach and mentor to SME clients to support them in developing their own long-term growth and innovation commercialisation plans;
- Providing an account management function for the delivery of business support services to enable SME clients to enhance their innovation management capacity;
- Using holistic analysis tools to review client needs and provide tailored coaching and mentoring support, including advice on suitability of funding and support services from Innovate UK and other business support providers;
We are looking for someone with business experience at a senior level and/or experience of setting up and running their own high growth business, who has strategic and management or consultancy experience in the commercialising of ideas, including IP, access to finance and establishing sales channels.
You will need to demonstrate experience or knowledge of:
- identifying innovative businesses with the highest growth potential for commercialisation their ideas
- Interpreting outputs of business diagnostic and benchmarking tools to develop action plans;
- Acting as a strategic coach and mentor to clients to support them in developing their own long term innovation strategy
- Assisting clients to prioritise issues and identify potential courses of action.
- Understanding of the business support landscape together with funding and support available through Innovate UK.
What do we offer?
What we offer
This is a full time role and you will need a driving licence and car access as the role requires regular travel in the East of England and West Midlands region, and occasional national and international travel sometimes involving overnight stays. Our package includes:-
- A salary of up to £50,000 for the right candidate
- Car allowance of £3,840 per annum (pro rata for part-time);
- A generous, up to 10.5% non-contributory pension scheme (conditional upon being enrolled and remaining in the scheme for the duration of employment);
- Ill-health income protection (conditional upon meeting the scheme rules)
- Life assurance (Death in Service) scheme underwritten under the pension scheme regulations (conditional upon meeting the scheme rules)
- 26 days holiday (rising to 28 after 2 years’ service, pro rata for part time) plus bank holidays;
- A flexible and supportive working culture including access to mental health first aiders;
- Wellbeing programme for employees including access to discounts, workshops, health screening, employee assistance programme, Doctorline and more;
- A modern, open space and technology enabled working environment;
- A range of flexible benefits including holiday-buy scheme, eye care vouchers, annual flu vaccination and a cycle-to-work scheme
We endeavour to make roles flexible. While this role is advertised as full time, we will consider requests to undertake the work on a flexible part-time basis, so please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your initial phone interview.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and value diversity in our workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We are one of the UK’s foremost business support organisations and for over 25 years, we have provided business advisory services to more than 500,000 small to medium sized businesses on behalf of Government and Private sector organisations. As part of our expert team, you can expect to be empowered to be the best you can and share our company values of Openness (I am keen and willing to engage), Inspiration (I want to be the best that I can be), Conviction (We win, or lose, together) and Accountability (I will take responsibility and ownership). As a business we recognise that giving a superior service to our clients depends on making the most of our people and we aim to give our teams challenging opportunities, recognition for achievement, job enrichment and the maximum flexibility we can.
The fine print
- Please note we are not a Home Office visa sponsorship licence holder and therefore you must be currently eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
- Please read our recruitment privacy notice available on Exemplas website for information about how we process your personal data.