- Do you want to work for the UKs leading deliverer of SME business support?
- Do you want to drive Economic Growth in Leicestershire?
- Do you want to work with, support and inspire SMEs to grow?
If you’ve answered “yes” to these questions the role of Scale Up Advisor could be for you!
About the role
We are looking to recruit a Scale Up Advisor to provide business support to small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) for the Charnwood area of the Leicestershire Business Advice Service (LBAS). LBAS is providing high-quality support to help SMEs and Entrepreneurs across Leicestershire to make key improvements to set up, grow and develop their businesses.
The role will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of SME client businesses to ensure they maximise the value of their experience on the programme
- To promote and network to identify suitable participants in Charnwood and Leicestershire
- To perform a thorough diagnosis process of participating growth focussed businesses & aspirational leaders using specialist assessment tools
- To facilitate the development of effective improvement plans that will be implemented by the participant
- To help the participant apply for a grant (match funded) for further one to one support
- Working closely with our key delivery partners to help make further improvements to your clients
We are looking for someone who has considerable SME business experience. This may have been gained through working with, supporting and growing SMEs from working in business support programmes previously or having run your own SME business. You will be familiar with the pains SME businesses are faced with and will be able to empathise with them. In addition, you will have:
- Business experience at a senior level within a growth SME business environment
- Strategic and management consultancy experience in growing, developing and improving businesses
- Demonstrable experience and/or understanding of publicly funded business support programmes
- Experience of and working knowledge of business diagnostic tools and interpreting results
- Experience of assessing performance in SMEs and identifying areas of improvement
- Gravitas and experience of facilitating meetings with business leaders and owners that lead to the development of high-impact business improvement action plans
- Knowledge of the Leicestershire SME business base and the business support infrastructure, with existing relationships, networks and connections in the area
What do we offer?
This is a full-time, permanent contract. The role is peripatetic and requires travel around the Leicestershire area working with clients and managing the relationship with the funder and other stakeholders.
- Our pay range is £36,660 – £47,000pa FTE, but we know there’s a broad range of compensation in the market for this sort of role. So, if you’re outside of this but feel it’s a perfect fit, let’s talk about that in our intro call
- Broadband allowance
- Generous, up to 10.5% non-contributory pension scheme
- Ill-health income protection
- Life assurance (Death in Service)
- 26 days holiday (rising to 28 after 2 years’ service, pro rata for part time)
- Flexible and supportive working culture including access to mental health first aiders
- Wellbeing services for employees including access to discounts, employee assistance programme, Mental Health First Aiders, Doctorline and more
- Modern, open space and technology enabled working environment
- Flexible benefits including holiday-buy scheme, eye care vouchers, annual flu vaccination, Cyclescheme
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and value diversity in our workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We are one of the UK’s foremost business support organisations and for over 25 years, we have provided business advisory services to more than 500,000 small to medium sized businesses on behalf of Government and Private sector organisations. As part of our expert team, you can expect to be empowered to be the best you can and share our company values of Openness (I am keen and willing to engage), Inspiration (I want to be the best that I can be), Conviction (We win, or lose, together) and Accountability (I will take responsibility and ownership). As a business we recognise that giving a superior service to our clients depends on making the most of our people and we aim to give our teams challenging opportunities, recognition for achievement, job enrichment and the maximum flexibility we can.
The fine print
- Please note we are not a Home Office visa sponsorship licence holder and therefore you must be currently eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
- Please read our recruitment privacy notice available on Exemplas website for information about how we process your personal data.